Monday, September 04, 2006

Yoda

Our first official post goes to the ‘man’ himself. I remember as a kid talking about how strong Yoda was and Yoda was the best, he was better than so-in-so, etc. I still don’t think that Yoda has been given his props. Because of our mainstream culture, most people think they know about Star Wars by watching the 6 movies and that was that. Whoever you know that thinks that’s the case, smack them for me. Thanks. So let’s face facts: Yoda is over 900 yrs old. Anyone that old and still able to kid butt is ‘The Man’ in my book. I waited over 20 years to see Yoda fight and I still think the scene with Dooku, Obi-Wan and Palpatine wasn’t enough. When I play the game and read some of the books (pre-Phantom Menace), the Jedi are insane. The way they combine their powers, the fights against bounty hunters, various traps they escape from, are amazing. Who taught them? Yoda.

Most people haven’t read the books because they don’t want to be classified as a Star Wars nerd or whatever. Some plain old don’t have the time. Those who do have the time and have read the books, inform your fellow man about the superbness that is Yoda. Don’t let people think that he was looking like a clown in Episodes 2 and 3. The media had a field day with Yoda vs. Dooku. At the very least, buy the Clone Wars DVDs and fill in the gaps for people visually. My mom even watched those.

All in all, mad props go to Yoda for being around to train the Force Sensitive people. If not for Yoda, I’m sure a lot more people would have turned to the Dark Side. Are there other books that highlight Yoda’s exploits using the force or saber skills? Let me know, I’d love to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home