Friday, September 08, 2006

The Lightsaber

Genius.

Pure Genius
.


How did George Lucas come up with this? To think of Jedi wasn't that big of a deal to me. Having studied various religions with my family as a kid, when I got older, I could see the influence they had on the ficticious Jedi. The lightsaber still blows me away. The colors and looks. The features. The different styles. I thought those things were invincible until I learned about the Yuuzhan Vong and Mandalorian Melee Shields. After learning about all the classes of Jedi and the various force abilities, just to run into people who could actually stand up to them was amazing. With the Vong, they are not affected by force abilities, as per my understanding. They live outside the force. So what is your only hope: the lightsaber.

Even though there are plenty of advancements to parry or deflect lightsabers, it is still an awesome weapon. Anyone could pick up a blaster and shoot. Only a skilled duelists could even use a lightsaber and not chop off his own limbs. I have to give props to GL. That single handedly created a generation of people who are comic book artists, graphic artists and designers of all sorts just because of the creativity he put and allowed into the Star Wars universe.

A lot of people could have came up with the story, costumes, races, typical good vs. evil plot. I think the one think that separates Star Wars from any other similar storyline is the lightsabers.

Lightsabers: The best thing since sliced bread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home